We’re holding a DerbyCross on Saturday August 15!
What’s a DerbyCross, you ask? It’s a combination of cross country and show jumping, all rolled in to one course. DerbyCross is a great learning opportunity for horses and riders looking to gain experience or just have a good time! The course combines elements of show jumping and cross-country and includes a water jump and ditches. The course will not be judged or timed.
We’re offering Introductory, Beginner Novice, and Novice divisions. Each round is $40. You may do multiple rounds, in multiple divisions or in the same division. Registration MUST be done online. Registration will be open through Wednesday August 12.
SCHEDULE (the only difference between Section 1 and Section 2 is the time):
Intro Section 1, from 9:30 – 10:24
Beginner Novice Section 1, from 11:00 – 11:48
Beginner Novice Section 2, from 12:00 to 12:54
Novice Section 1, from 1:30 to 2:18
Questions? Email ColdrensCorner@gmail.com
is in the CCI stabling field near the corner of Rt 273 and Gallaher Rd, just north of Big Elk Chapel Road. Enter off of Gallaher Road.
If you’re using your GPS, plug in this address for directions: 750 Gallaher Road, Elkton, MD 21921
Click Here for Map
|Additional Policies for DerbyCross:
- Riders must register and pay online.
- PLEASE send us your signed release and a Coggins ahead of time. If necessary, there will be a box at check in to drop it into.
- Everyone MUST practice social distancing and keep 6’ apart.
- Everyone must wear a Face cover anytime they are not on a horse
- No spectators and friends please as our numbers on grounds are restricted. If you need an essential helper, parent (for minors) etc that is fine, just no non-essential people for now.
- There will be hand sanitizer available, but you are encouraged to bring your own.
- There will be disinfecting wipes at the porta pots, so please wipe the surfaces you touched after use.
- Bring your own Food and Drinks.
- Upon arrival, you will check in at the tent, keeping 6’ apart and with your mask on. The check in person will ask for your name, check the list, and you will self-serve getting your number and report it to her/him to record. When finished, you will drop it into a basket.
Be Safe and Have fun!